Saturday, October 6, 2012

6 Years in The Country

Right now I am taking my 2 hours break (yes, I am working right now in the weekend) & I was planning to have a cup of coffee and a piece of cake at Mr. Baker Bakeshop in JPMC during lunchtime at the first place. But right now there is a job fair nearby of the place that I want to go so it is not a very good idea to cramp yourself into a very crowded area. Therefore, I am stuck at the office and typing this post about last week trip to Miri.

2012-09-30-080
Sunrise in the morning at Tutong.


Its been like 6 years since the last time I venture myself out of this country. I though I lost my passport after my last trip to Arab Saudi which was on 2005 & after several years of didn't want to report it to the police (and my friend told me I may face thousands of dollars of fine for my careless), I found my passport and the bad news is, it is already expired. So I renewed it 2 months ago and last week, it was the first time I use my new passport to go out of this country.

2012-09-30-079
Sitting at the back while memorising the road to Miri.

It was one of a regrettable journey because I didn't took a lot of pictures so that I can include it in this post to make this post have more detail of my journey. I know some may know it already but some may not. If you are BIBD Debit Card user and lack of cash on your journey outside of Brunei, especially Malaysia, if you want to withdraw your money from any ATM who flashed MasterCard logo, I suggest you to use Maybank. Maybank only charge you RM1 which is around BND0.40+. Other bank seems like to squeeze your money out of your account just to pay the transaction.

2012-09-30-082
At the Imperial, I saw this decoration for the shade outside of one of the optical shop.

2012-09-30-083
Still at the same optical shop.

2012-09-30-084
At the ground floor, found a bakery shop.


Maybe 35% bigger than Brunei own Mum Bakery's Crossaint. This is a sugarless crossaint and I am regretting it for buying not one, but two pieces of it. Sugar is one of the main ingredient of crossaint.

2012-09-30-088
At least their Egg Tart is perfect on every level.

And that is the only photos I managed to took because there are nothing interesting to took photo off. And I am still confuse with the internet rate at Malaysia. At this one telephone shop at Imperial, I can enjoy RM3 a day unlimited internet but when I said for iPad, the salesgirl suggest me the RM25 pack which gives me 25 days of availability and internet cap at 500MB. I am an internet heavy user and I believe I can reach the 500MB cap in less than 5 hours which is not a good for a long-term investment.

2012-09-30-094
Big Mac from McDonald & Milo from Sugarbun. The one who managed the kitchen at the McDonald near to E-Mart in Miri is this one old lady. I believe I have clearly requested to that old lady to replaced the Coke with Milo eventhough I have to pay for it & that she still gives me a Coke.

Thats all from my trip to Miri and the first journey to other country for this decade. I am looking forward to meet that old lady again and will tell her to replace the Coke with Milo in 4 languages; Malay, English, Kedayan & Sarawakian if she still insist to gives me Coke on my Big Mac package. Thanks for reading this post & out!

p.s.: My face before rummaging the Desserts Crossain; 

2012-09-30-093
I didn't see it coming.